For 5 years from 2010 to 2015 I was the Marketing Trustee for a small sports charity that delivered sexual health education through football coaching across 6 African countries.
The brief: To develop a clear brand for the charity and then raise its overall profile and appeal to potential sponsors, coaches, volunteers and partners in my role as Strategic Marketing Trustee.
The client: A small, sports development charity that uses football to educate young people about the dangers of HIV and AIDS in 6 different African countries.
- An interactive 3-hour marketing strategy session with all the key stakeholders
- An overarching 12-month marketing plan for the charity
- Development of the new TackleAfrica brand and brand values
- Management of the new web build of a dynamic, interactive and well-optimised website
- Creation and management of social media profiles
- Recruitment of new Trustees to build on the combined skill of the Board
- Promotion of the London Football Marathon & accompanying Regional Marathons
- Management of design & delivery of print collateral
- All delivered on a very limited budget with only 1.5 members of paid staff
- Full project delivered in voluntary capacity as a member of the Trustee Board for 5 years
“I have known Becky since I joined the Board of TackleAfrica in 2010. Becky has led the development of the organisation’s brand values and branding and has worked to ensure that all involved keep those values clearly focused in the operational activity, much of which has taken place many thousands of miles from London. In addition to this specialist expertise, Becky has played a full and pivotal part in the strategic and fiduciary oversight of the charity, in which time it has grown from 1.5 to over 15 full time staff, 12 of which work in Africa. She has brought the charity a thorough and broad expertise in all areas of marketing and has interpreted that experience to the needs of a small, growing and ambitious charity. This is no mean feat, since TackleAfrica is a charity of considerable passion and her ability to be clear headed, assertive and thorough has been of enormous benefit.”
John Miller, Chairman, TackleAfrica